Excellent Online Citation Guides
APA Citation Style
APA (American Psychological Association) is most commonly used to cite sources within the health sciences and social sciences fields. This resource, revised according to the 5th edition of the APA manual, offers examples for in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes, and your reference list or bibliography page.
Why should I cite my sources?
- To demonstrate you have considered others' research.
- To direct readers to additional information.
- To establish credibility as a careful researcher.
- To show professional honesty and courtesy.
Other ways to get help!
Consult the experts!
Lane Community College has a Writing Center that provides drop-in tutoring services.
Use the writing lab here on campus located in the Center Bldg. Room 210 Phone: 463-5282
Use the Database
Most of the databases that the Library subscribes to have a feature that creates citations. Ask a librarian to help you locate this handy tool!
Other Citation Generators
EasyBib can help you manage your bibliographies and cite your sources using either MLA or APA formatting. It is free to LCC students.
Zotero is a powerful bibliographical tool available as a Firefox add-on, free of charge.
Online help with APA
- If you want all the basics in one handy sheet, the University of Washington has a perfect guide to APA basics.